
There has been 'a phoney war' in Manx politics since 2006.
That's the belief of East Douglas MHK Chris Robertshaw who hopes to regain his seat in September's General Election.
Mr Robertshaw won the seat in a by-election in 2010 and says he has spent his time in politics so far 'getting up to speed'.
He says he now feels ready to take on departmental responsibility if a position was offered to him.
On Mandate today (Friday), Mr Robertshaw said the report into the scope and structure of the Manx government should have been implemented four years ago.
The 'structure' part of the study was dealt with the reorganisation of the departments in April last year, but the 'scope' still hasn't been tackled (listen to audio file below):
Three other candidates have declared in the two-seat constituency of East Douglas so far, the other sitting member Brenda Cannell, Richard Kissack and Geraldine O'Neill.
Peter Hickman feeling confident ahead of TT 2026 campaign
Club receives funding for Island's first SuperEnduro track
Charity to assist with Pre-TT Classic preparations
McGuinness: TT is 'the journey that keeps on giving'