Building closed for regular worship in 2017
An application has been made to register Orrisdale Chapel in Michael.
The building dates from 1843, built on land donated by Patrick Cannell, and was erected by voluntary labour and contributions from local people.
A porch was added in the 1950s.
Since closing for regular worship in 2017, the Chapel's ownership has reverted to the Cannell family.
It's still used for occasional services and exhibitions.
Joanna Simpson killer not eligible for early release from prison
More bus services 'at risk' of cancellation
Charity warns of damage to Island's international reputation