
Saturday slot for those 40+
Almost 950 booster jabs were administered at a walk-in Covid-19 clinic yesterday.
People over the age of 40 were invited to get their vaccination at the Chester Street Hub.
Manx Care says it carried out 948 between 9.30am and 1pm.
Director of operations Oliver Radford says this should jump to 2,100 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.
We did 948 today and planning to offer 2100 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week then around 500 Thursday and Friday. Then open every day next week too 👍🏼
— Oliver Radford (@ollyradders) December 18, 2021
Government data shows 32,461 booster doses have been given out so far.
That equates to just under 50 per cent of the eligible population.
Trained healthcare professionals have been urged to lend their support to the booster rollout – one of those who did on Saturday was Enterprise Minister Dr Alex Allinson: